Alarming Increase in Crime for the City of Greater Dandenong
City of Greater Dandenong - Key figures from the Crime Statistics Agency
Crime has increased at an alarming rate in the City of Greater Dandenong in just 2 years
of the Andrews Government.
The total number of recorded offences from 2014 to 2016 has risen from 15,985 to 20,392
an increase of 27.6%.
- Robbery up 67.4% from 129 to 216
- Burglary/break and enter offences up 46.1% from 1,319 to 1,927
- Theft up 45.6% from 4,456 to 6,489
- Stalking, harassment & threatening behaviour up 31.4% from 471 to 619
- Drug use or possession up 25.4% from 882 to 1,106
- Assault and related offences up 10.8% from 1,584 to 1,755
Source: Crime Statistics Agency – link here
Comments from the Hon. Gordon Rich-Phillips, Member for South Eastern Metropolitan Region
Within just 2 years of the Andrews Government we have seen crime rates soaring across the City of Greater Dandenong.
This crime trend has been able to escalate due to Daniel Andrews weakening bail laws, cutting frontline police numbers, closing police stations and turning youth justice into a
Daniel Andrews needs to admit that he has made a mistake and stop denying there is a problem when the statistics clearly say otherwise.
We are caught in the grips of a crime crisis in the south east, and it is only going to get worse unless Daniel Andrews pulls his head out of the sand and gets tougher on crime.
Media contact: Courtney Mann 9794 7667 email@example.com